If you set up an iPhone and it is associated with your iCloud ID, then even if someone stole it, they can’t set it up and use it unless you were to remove the Activation Lock. This is really good for your data protection. However, thieves aren’t the only ones who are frustrated by the Activation Lock. For example, you bought a used iPhone and didn’t realize that it is locked, you will probably be locked out of your new phone.
What is Activation Lock
Apple makes a note of the device’s unique identifier and your Apple ID when you first activate your iPhone. Afterwards, it ties your iPhone’s unique identifier to your Apple ID. Doing this prevents any other Apple IDs from using the device. Now, your iPhone can’t be reset and used by another person without the username and password combination for your Apple ID.
The presence of the Activation Lock will not be noticeable for you probably, until you install a major iOS upgrade or reset your iPhone. Because, now you have to sign in with your Apple ID to verify your identity and activate the device.
Here, we have listed the few ways to bypass iCloud Activation Lock for free.
Asking Apple to Remove the Activation Lock
You can try asking Apple to remove the Activation Lock for you. But, of course you will have to provide Apple with a valid proof of purchase which you can do in one of the two ways,
- Find your nearest Apple store and make an appointment. Make sure you have proof of purchase and your device with you.
- Try calling Apple Support and explain the situation to them. Ask them to remove the Activation Lock from your device remotely.
Asking the Seller to Disable Activation Lock Remotely
You can still unlock your iPhone if you have recently purchased it and it is locked. The seller may have forgotten to disable it or did not realize that the feature exists. In such a situation, the seller can remove the device from their account remotely.
However, you will have to contact the seller in order for this to work. Do not go all out against the seller just yet if you feel like you were scammed. The seller simply needs to follow these steps to unlock the device:
- They should login with their Apple ID at icloud.com/find.
- Afterwards, click on “All Devices”, then just select the relevant iPhone.
- The option “Remove from Account” should be available and the seller should select it.
- Or the seller could click “Erase iPhone”, then click “Remove from Account”.
Once the seller has completed these steps, the iPhone should be no longer locked to an Apple ID. Just restart the device once to make sure.
Third Party services that offer to unlock the iPhone
You may find many third party services who will unlock your device for a fee. You may also find some third party services that just do it to exploit the vulnerabilities in Apple’s software. None of these are official and there is no guarantee they will work.
These third party Activation services may even kind of disconnect your device from Apple. It will allow access to the iPhone, but Apple will probably blacklist it. The device will not receive any future iOS updates, nor will you be able to use iMessage, make calls on FaceTime, or download apps from the App Store.
If you are looking to bypass iCloud Activation Lock services for free then you can use these tools.
iBypasser – Bypass iCloud Activation Lock
iBypasser was released in April. It works quite efficiently in bypassing iCloud activation lock from iOS devices that are running iOS 12.3 or later versions. The iBypasser has been gaining trust of a great number of iOS users with a high success rate. Please, do keep in mind that this tool is not completely free, but you can use the free trial to check if your device is supported or not.
How it works
First, download the iBypasser and launch it on your computer then read the steps carefully.
- Click “Start” on the home interface and connect the iOS device to the computer with a lightning cable that you want to unlock.
- You may have to wait a few seconds while the program downloads the package that can jailbreak the device.
- Simply follow the instructions on the screen and click “Next” when jailbreaking is done.
- Now just confirm the device information and the program will start to bypass the iCloud activation lock screen.
The supported devices are from iPhone 5S to iPhone 12 Pro Max running iOS 12.3 and later versions including the iOS 13.4.
iCloudin does work effectively and it works on all Apple devices. This bypass tool is very easy to use and it is completely free.
This tool supports devices 5 to iPhone 12 Pro, iPad 2, 3, 4, Mini, and Air.
GadgetWide – iCloud Bypass Tool
This tool is one of the best iCloud Activation lock removal tools that can be used. This tool is really user friendly and compatible with most Apple devices.
This tool supports iPhone 5, 5S, 6, 6S, 6 Plus, 6S Plus, 7S, 7S Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max to iPhone 12 Pro Max.
- How to Remove Activation Lock Without Previous Owner
- How to Transfer Data from iPhone to iPhone Without iCloud
- How to Upload Photos from iPhone to iCloud Storage
I have been attached to Mobile innovation for quite a while, since the time adolescence, and was continually intruding with different equipment and programming. With graduation in PC designing from a renowned institute like CAMBRIDGE was a fantasy worked out and empowered me to pursue my fantasies in quick manners.